September 2020 – August 2021 booking now
The one-year GEA Picture Book Programme has been created to help emergent writers hone their talents and develop the necessary skills to succeed in this important sector of the children’s market. Published writers who want to further develop their writing style are also welcome to apply.
Run by our industry editors the Picture Book Programme comprises:
- three carefully structured one-day group workshops
- regular evening webinars with reading recommendations and writing assignments
- three one2one editorial surgery sessions
- a Picture Book Programme manual including course information and editorial notes
- membership of the Golden Egg private Facebook forums
- priority booking for all Golden Egg social events where you can network with publishers, industry agents and published authors
- regular Q&A forum
- monthly newsletter with industry and Golden Egg updates
- a Picture Book Programme certificate of completion
All workshops take place at Scholastic Books, London. One2one Editorial Surgeries are either at Scholastic Books, London, at the Holburne Museum, Bath, in central Oxford, in SW London or via Skype.
If you are applying to become an Academy Member, please go to ‘How to Apply’ to learn about entry requirements and make your submission.
Once you have been accepted for the Picture Book Programme, you will be introduced to your editor and join the Golden Egg Academy’s community of writers and editors. You are also warmly invited to come along to the Golden Egg Academy social events.
Picture Book Programme graduates and published writers are welcome to book ‘off the peg’ picture book surgeries and further mentoring support as agreed with their editors on a case-by-case basis.