What Shape is Your Storyboard?
Workshops are held from 11.00am – 5.00pm on Saturdays at Scholastic Books, London, and are inclusive of lunch and refreshments. All of them are a mixture of teaching and writing, working alone and in small groups and workshopping draft manuscripts.
- Use the Golden Egg Storyboard Template to explore the most effective ways to pace your storytelling;
- Experiment with page turn techniques and other strategies for highlighting peak moments in your narrative;
- Join an optional half-day session for members wanting to write in verse, led by Tessa Strickland
- Study a current bestselling picture book and identify the ways in which its author uses structure, tone and dialogue;
- Present your own work for feedback and offer feedback on the work of fellow students.
This is a Picture Book Plan: January 2018 – September 2018 workshop.