To apply for a place to work on your Middle Grade, Teen or YA story at the Golden Egg Academy, please send the first three chapters (no more than 5000 words) and a one-page synopsis (no more than 500 words) along with a covering letter telling us a bit about you to:
London – firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester – email@example.com
Cardiff – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to receive a reader report on your chapters and synopsis, please express your interest in your covering email and we will send you further details.
For more information about application deadlines please visit out Foundations page.
- Application is free.
- You do not need a completed manuscript to apply.
- Our Fiction Book programme covers novels aimed at readers aged 8+ (Middle Grade, Teen and YA). If you wish to submit a picture book, please apply via the Picture Book application page.
- Please send us your covering letter, synopsis and chapters in a single Microsoft Word document as an email attachment as follows: YOUR NAME_Manuscript Name.doc
- We only accept applications via email.
- We are not able to enter into correspondence with you about your pages if you are unsuccessful in your application. If you would like feedback on your submission, please request a reader report.
- Applications will be assessed by a team of experienced editors.
- Writers will only be invited to join Mentoring direct from application stage in exceptional circumstances. The usual route into the Academy is through Golden Egg Foundations.
- We are currently only able to accept overseas applicants who can attend our workshops in London, Manchester or Cardiff.
- Please check our Terms and Conditions for full details.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact email@example.com.